We all know what types of names he is entitled to, what types of activities he performs or generates, what types of people are behind him and what type of personality disorder he has. Here is a poster I tried to describe the criteria that are met to consider him as “a dangerous Psychopath” from a Psychiatric point of view.
“The Hare Psychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R) is a commonly used diagnostic tool designed to access a person’s degree of Psychopathy that explicitly entails persistent and serious criminal behaviour. With the score of more than 25 is considered as ‘psychopathy or psychopath’. In the case of Wirathu, he has a minimum score of 28 putting him under the category of “Dangerous and Severe Personality Disorder”.
Followings are the criteria Wirathu meets in PCL-R:
1. Glib and Superficial charm
– Soft spoken and charming face
2. Grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
– regards himself as a protector of Buddhism
– government and extremist political & religious organizations use as a leading figure against Rohingya and Myanmar Muslims in general
– constantly denies any role in Muslim hatred & ethnic cleansing against Rohingya
5. Cunning & Manipulativeness
– Blames Rohingya and Myanmar Muslims instead, for anti-Muslim and anti-Rohingya violence
6. Shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
– visited to the Muslim victims of his 969 gang’s attack in Meiktila
7. Lack of remorse or guilt
– feels no regrets on what he says and does against Islam
– calls to expel the most persecuted people of the world, Rohingya
– heavily depends on the supports of the government and extremist organizations and elements
10. Lack of realistic long-term goals
– unrealistic vision of creating Muslim-free country
– acts without reflection of consequences
12. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
– disregards the influence of his hate campaign in spreading Islamophobia
– leads various criminal groups across the country, and arms targeting Muslim in many aspects.