We all know what types of names he is entitled to, what types of activities he performs or generates, what types of people are behind him and what type of personality disorder he has. Here is a poster I tried to describe the criteria that are met to consider him as “a dangerous Psychopath” from a Psychiatric point of view.
“The Hare Psychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R) is a commonly used diagnostic tool designed to access a person’s degree of Psychopathy that explicitly entails persistent and serious criminal behaviour. With the score of more than 25 is considered as ‘psychopathy or psychopath’. In the case of Wirathu, he has a minimum score of 28 putting him under the category of “Dangerous and Severe Personality Disorder”.
Followings are the criteria Wirathu meets in PCL-R:
1. Glib and Superficial charm
– Soft spoken and charming face
2. Grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
– regards himself as a protector of Buddhism
3. Need for stimulation
– government and extremist political & religious organizations use as a leading figure against Rohingya and Myanmar Muslims in general
4. Pathological Lying
– constantly denies any role in Muslim hatred & ethnic cleansing against Rohingya
5. Cunning & Manipulativeness
– Blames Rohingya and Myanmar Muslims instead, for anti-Muslim and anti-Rohingya violence
“You cannot go anywhere if you view them as enemies. Rather embrace them as your motivation. One needs enemies in ones life if you want to walk a long distance. It is like a dark journey where you will encounter various horrors. It is the obstacles which sharpen your mind and make you more aware of the journey that you are travelling.”
— Haikal Mansor’s mother
Haikal MansorA Journey Through Darkness
Welcome to my blog - a Rohingya journey through darkness. Feel free to write to me for inquiry or follow me on my social media.